Hoosier Action, an organization to organize and empower people in southern Indiana, will be launched in May 2017. Using strategies of community organizing, professional organizers from around the country and volunteers from the region will begin the initiative by a systematic listening canvas from May 8-21 to determine what bread and butter issues are most pressing for citizens throughout the 9th Congressional District. This information will be used to create local groups who will be trained to organize their communities around these issues and to effect political change.
- Students volunteers are welcome to participate in this effort. Among the benefits of such service are:
- An introduction to the process of community organization
- Concrete experience in the field working with professional organizers
- Participation in an effort to strengthen democratic participation in our state
- An opportunity to observe a non-profit in its formative stages
Further information may be obtained at https://www.hoosieraction.org/ or by contacting David Pace at email@example.com.