Internship Job Description:
Intern will be working on upcoming primary election campaign to reelect Democrat Patrick Stoffers as Monroe County Commissioner. Intern will work in office setting providing assistance in field operations including event staffing, door-to-door canvassing, phone banks, yard sign distribution, community outreach, and communications.
This position is a stipend-paid internship which may also qualify for course credits according to departmental guidelines. Intern will devote approximately 10-15 hours per week to the position. Position is a 3 month commitment this spring semester, with potential for an additional 3 months’ commitment in the fall semester.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- College student and/or college graduate interested in politics or gaining campaign experience; previous campaign experience preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint
- Organized and quick learner
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask independently and demonstrate sound judgment
- Strong attention to detail and timing as well as excellence in execution
- Proven organizational, research and analytical skills
- Ability to work and contribute in a highly collaborative, team environment
- Understanding of political and legislative processes
- Proven success in a small department with wide-ranging responsibilities
- Ability to reflect and demonstrate integrity, customer-centered, accountability, respect and excellence
Education Requirements: High School graduate and currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate college program. Must have a strong interest in politics with relevant coursework or equivalent work experience.
All interested applicants please forward your resume to StoffersforCommissioner@gmail.com with subject line “Internship.”